Employees can elect disability that provides 60% of basic earnings for all participants up to a maximum of $600 per week should they be out of work due to accident or sickness.
- Benefits begin on the fifteenth day of disability due to an accident or sickness.
- Benefits are payable while you are totally disabled, up to 26 weeks.
- Maternity Benefits are paid the same as for an illness.
- Benefits begin after your “sick-leave” is exhausted.
- No benefit will be paid if you are injured on the job or collecting Workers Compensation benefits.
Guarantee Issue & Pre-existing
If applied for when first eligible or when first hired, coverage is issued on a guarantee issue basis. Application and increases during annual enrollment requires evidence of insurability acceptable to the insurance company.
Employees who enroll after first being eligible will be subject to a pre-existing condition limitation and evidence of insurability. Benefits will not be paid as a result of a “pre-existing condition” unless the disability begins more than twelve (12) months after the effective date. A pre-existing condition is an illness or injury for which the insured has received diagnosis, treatment or advice with in a three (3) month period preceding the effective date of enrollment or an increase in coverage.
Rates are based on your age and salary as of the benefit effective date. Rates will change due to age change and salary on the next anniversary date of the plan.