Employees are eligible to purchase Insurance on a Guarantee Issue Basis even if previously diagnosed or treated for cancer. The Allstate Plan covers Cancer and 29 other dreaded diseases. There are two levels to choose from. Guarantee issue is applicable if enrolled when first eligible.
Rates and Payroll Deduction Costs
See the Cancer Insurance Brochure for details.
The covered specified diseases are:
- Muscular Dystrophy,
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (Lou Gehrig’s Disease),
- Multiple Sclerosis,
- Scarlet Fever,
- Cerebrospinal Meningitis (bacterial), Brucellosis,
- Sickle Cell Anemia, Thalasemia,
- Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever,
- Legionnaire’s Disease (confirmation by culture or sputum),
- Addison’s Disease,
- Hansen’s Disease,
- Hepatitis (B or C with liver failure or Hepatoma),
- Typhoid Fever,
- Myasthenia Gravis,
- Reye’s Syndrome,
- Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis (Walter Payton’s Liver Disease),
- Lyme Disease,
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus,
- Cystic Fibrosis,
- Primary Biliary Cirrhosis.
Allstate Cancer Video
Group Policy Certificate of Coverage
Review the Allstate Group Policy for exact plan details and limitations
Prior Plan Information
Before Allstate was the Cancer Insurance for Haralson County Schools, Policies were enrolled by Alabama Life. For information on those policies, contact the agent, Steve Elrod at 800-562-0703.
There are two levels to choose from. Guarantee issue is applicable if enrolled when first eligible.
The Allstate plan covers Cancer and 29 other Dreaded Diseases. There are two options to choose from.